Tuesday, 18 May 2010 13:40
Comprehensive Labour Force Survey of Singapore, 2010
- The Manpower Research and Statistics Department of the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) is conducting the comprehensive Labour Force Survey from 18 May to 31 July 2010 on a sample of 33,000 households. The purpose of the survey is to collect data on employment, unemployment and other economic characteristics of the population to help in the planning and formulation of manpower-related policies and programmes.
- As the 33,000 households selected for this year’s Labour Force Survey are a sub-sample of the Census of Population 2010, we will be collecting additional socio-demographic information including language literacy, religion, mode of transport and time spent travelling to school or work. This is to ensure that sample households will only need to be surveyed once.
- The Ministry will notify households selected for the survey by post. Households with Internet access are encouraged to participate in the Survey via the Manpower Survey Online System (MSOL). The MSOL provides a safe and convenient means for households to submit their information online.
- Households who prefer not to participate via MSOL can provide their contact details to MOM for telephone interviews through the Survey Hotline at 1800-228-6688 from 9.00am to 9.00pm (Monday to Sunday). If we are unable to reach the households by telephone, our interviewers will visit the households to conduct face-to-face interviews. All interviewers will carry an Identification Card issued by MOM. Households can verify their identity by calling the MOM Contact Centre at 6438 5122.
- The comprehensive Labour Force Survey is conducted under Section 5 of the Statistics Act (Chapter 317) which requires households selected for the survey to provide MOM with the necessary information. The information will be kept in strict confidence in accordance with the Statistics Act.
- For more information, please visit the MOM website or call MOM Contact Centre at Tel: 6438 5122.