Friday, 27 April 2012 00:11
New Job Portal To Help PMEs Seek Career Opportunities & Growth
- A new job portal created for PMEs (professionals, managers, and executives), which brings together the best of private and public sector expertise, was launched today by Robert Walters and Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower (MOM). The PME Jobs Network (www.pmejobsnetwork.com.sg) aims to make it easier for PME jobseekers to identify and gain access to job opportunities, as well as training and career pathways available to grow their professional careers.
- The PME Jobs Network draws on medium-term employment outlook and manpower insights provided by MOM, tapping on MOM’s Career Compass1 which highlights manpower demand in key industries and occupational information such as employment conditions and wages.
- These data are collected through collaboration with multiple Government agencies, including the Ministry of Health, SPRING Singapore, Singapore Tourism Board, Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore, Economic Development Board, Monetary Authority of Singapore, and the Singapore Workforce Development Agency. Users of the portal will have quick and easy access to labour market updates across all industries, including growth sectors such as aerospace, communications, finance, and healthcare. Armed with the latest market data, job seekers can seek better job opportunities through this portal, or visit WDA’s CaliberLink for training advisory or jobs facilitation.
- The PME Jobs Network will also feature private sector intelligence. Leveraging on its expertise as a professional recruitment consultancy, Robert Walters will contribute valuable insight on industry trends, salary levels and market updates. Professionals can look forward to the following industry-relevant information from Robert Walters on the website:
- The Asia Job Index, a quarterly barometer for the job market across the region covering Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, China, Japan and Korea
- The annual Salary Survey, the most comprehensive review of global recruitment trends and salary levels available
- Executive Insights from various industries which reports findings about the latest job trends across industries such as HR, IT and Supply Chain
- Mr Lee Ark Boon, divisional director at MOM’s Manpower Planning and Policy division, said, “The PME Jobs Network provides Singaporeans with access to the latest PME jobs and information on training pathways. By bringing together the strengths of MOM and Robert Walters, we hope to give job seekers useful and timely industry and job-market intelligence as they grow their careers. The accessibility to such information will further enhance the efficiency of our labour market.”
- “We are very proud to collaborate with the Ministry of Manpower for the first time. Robert Walters aims to provide our expertise as one of the leading professional recruitment consultancies to help busy professionals stay abreast of current job trends, as well as access our job board for potential job opportunities,” said Ms Andrea Ross, Managing Director of Robert Walters’ Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam.
The PME Job Network can be accessed via www.pmejobsnetwork.com.sg