Work Permit for Performing Artiste

About the Pass

The pass is for foreign artistes to perform at any Public Entertainment Licenced (PEL)* outlets which operate a minimum of six hours a day. The pass will allow the foreign artiste to work up to a maximum of six months in establishments such as bars, discotheques, lounges, night clubs, pubs, hotels, private clubs or restaurants. Once the pass expires or is cancelled, the performing artiste will not be allowed to hold another work permit within one year from the date of expiry or cancellation, whether as a performing artiste or in any other occupations.

* Companies must have a valid PEL issued by the Public Entertainment Licensing Unit. For more information on PEL, please visit the Singapore Police Force’s website.


The employer must hire at least one local worker before they can employ up to a maximum of eight foreign performing artistes. For larger outlets, they can employ up to 12 foreign performing artistes. We will assess each case on its own merits.

Foreign Worker Levy

The employer will need to pay a monthly Foreign Worker Levy of $400 for the first eight foreign performing artistes and $750 for the ninth and subsequent foreign performing artistes.

VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: 4.5/5 (4 votes cast)
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]
Rating: +2 (from 4 votes)
Work Permit for Performing Artiste, 4.5 out of 5 based on 4 ratings